“Humankind has not woven the web of life.We are but one thread within it.Whatever we do to the web we do to ourselves.All things are bound together. All things connect.” – Chief Seattle
These times have made the interconnectedness of life more and more apparent. The thread of life that connects you, me and everyone else. Lets embrace this fabric ; out of which we all are created and its called life.
P.s when u cant go out(which u strictly should not)..go within. Take a deep dive in your inner self and evolve!
Loving yourself can be an incredibly difficult thing to do at times, you need to undo self hate and take hold of the concept of self love. Self love, I feel is a very abstract concept. It is not a single go-to destination. You may feel you are right there but then all of a sudden something happens and you begin to hate yourself. It happens and it is quite Normal. You can actually have bad days when you don’t love yourself and feel quite sad and hopeless.
You may constantly push yourself for self love but the thing is that there is no absolute solution for it. If you begin to love yourself, it is not like you will begin loving others as well. Loving your own self won’t make you love other people. On an ending note, all I want to highlight is that I love people who struggle everyday with self hate. You truly deserve all the love from others and you should be aware that you know who to love others beautifully despite not loving your own selves.
I do not hate the concept of self love, but what I dislike is the ambiguity of it which is used to make generalized statements to make people who struggle with loving themselves feel bad. We have a complicated relation with love and ourselves. Saying “no one can love you if you cannot love yourself is short-sighted and makes people feel inadequate.”
Human relations are not so black and white. I was loved when I was at my worst by people who I don’t believe I deserve but they loved me anyway. I have loved people when I hated myself badly, those people who think they do not deserve my love but I loved them anyway. In this big world nothing is so cut and dry as human relations.
As every year ends, I tend to feel a little less motivated each time. I ponder on the things that I should have done but I did not do, the achievements I could have unlocked but I did not, the job I could have switched but I didn’t; and a huge list with other similar thoughts webbed deep inside. Not that I wasn’t capable enough; I knew that I could but I did not due to my own “n” number of excuses. Actually, it is a regular thing for me, but you know, you get to realize a lot of things when an entire year has passed by and you feel so empty like you achieved nothing.
Feeling scatterbrained af at times makes me irritated. And I guess it is not something which happens only with me. If you feel you are in the same boat; you will certainly be able to relate to my situation. In such cases, it is important to be more mindful. Here’s how!
1. Be more kind to Yourself – Even if you are your biggest critic; try appreciating your own self at times. Know that you are good and give yourself that compliment. Nothing is impossible for you and sooner or later believe in the fact that good times will follow.
2. Your Journey is Yours – Remember to not judge a book by its cover; meaning do not judge people based on their achievements and the place they are today. Do not waste time and energy in comparing yourself with others. Your journey is yours and you know it better.
3. Limit Time for Social Media – Sometimes social media sites can make you feel crappy. Be real to yourself rather than following people in the unreal virtual world. Do not lose your own self in a black hole of depression on Facebook and Instagram.
4. Do What Makes You Feel Good – Realise your worth and indulge in what makes you a better person. You may be in your best form when you are dancing, singing, maybe painting or working out. In the humdrum and cacophony of this busy life, keep your senses alive; keep yourself alive and focus.
5. Be Grateful – Not everyone has what you have, so realize this and be grateful to God. Instead of focusing on what you lack in life, it is important to count your blessings. Life would indeed be much happier!